REVIEW: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II

I have been using an eye cream since my late teens, and of all the eye creams that I have tried – ranging from cheap drug store brands to expensive department store brands – Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II is by far my favorite eye cream. I started noticing very fine lines at the corners of my eyes when I was in my mid-twenties, mostly due to dehydration and exposure to the harsh winters in southern Ontario. I began using this eye cream approximately seven months ago, and now at the age of 28, I can happily say that those pesky fine lines that gave me so much anxiety have finally reduced. This cream has turned back the hands of time – if only for a little while longer.
 This is after seven months of daily use:
The skin around my eyes is smoother, brighter, and well-moisturized.  

This eye cream is light in texture, applies smoothly, and is fragrance-free. It is worthy to note that this cream contains tripeptide-32 and is reported to have a protective effect against cellular damage. This cream also contains lactobacillus ferment, a strain of bacteria that provides broad-spectrum antimicrobial protection by restricting the growth of harmful microorganisms.

The Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye is on the pricier side and the design of the jar, although cute, is not very hygienic. It does come with a spatula, however a pump-bottle would decrease the likelihood of bacteria contaminating the cream. Despite the drawbacks of this product, this is still my favorite eye cream and I will definitely re-purchase! 

What skin type is this best suited for? All skin types (but dryer skin may need additional moisture)



Efficacy
Price
Formulation
Design
Total
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II
5/5
3.5/5
4.5/5
4/5
17/20

This product can be purchased at any major beauty counter or department store or at the following, trusted e-shops:
SaSa - ($53.50 USD)
Sephora - ($58 USD)

4 comments:

  1. It's so much more expensive here in Japan :(
    Also, I don't think it's moisturizing enough for very dry skin. For normal skin around the eyes - I'm sure it's perfect. But for those of us that need a bit more moisture, it's not enough. It's easy to see after a few days of use. The initial silky feel is very misleading fooling us, dry skin folk, into believing that the skin is properly nourished and hydrated, but of course that is not the case. That's just my 2 cents (or yen).

    More reviews please!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 2CATSINJAPAN for your reply! Yes, I have normal skin around the eyes. What eye cream do you use? I'm always looking to try new products :-)

      -Grace

      Delete
    2. Not so long ago I finished Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Eyes, which did absolutely nothing at all wrinkle-wise. It did moisturize, though.
      Now I'm using su:m37 Flawless Regenerating Eye Cream and it's doing everything that Shiseido couldn't/ wouldn't do. I was using it both morning and night but now it got so awfully hot here that it's too rich to use in the morning. So in the a.m. I switched to Ohui First Cell Revolution eyes. As much as I love su:m37, I'm not so sure about this Ohui cream yet. Give me a few more weeks :-)
      ~Anna

      Delete
    3. TT_TT I just wrote a long reply and google deleted it before I could publish it.

      Anyway, what I was trying to say... I really gotta step up my eye cream game after reading all this ladies!!

      Anna - I've heard so many good things about su:m37, and they're packaging is so elegant (/❤o❤)/ Right now I'm testing out Origins cucumber moisturizing eye cream (can't remember the full name) since I needed something more lightweight for the summer and it was priced pretty low. It hasn't really delivered on what it claims to do, my eye bags are still as dark as ever TT__TT. Keep us posted on the Ohui cream!

      Delete

Follow Us

 

Join Skin & Beauty Story

Follow

Follow

Facebook