REVIEW: W2Beauty.com

"Welcome to Beauty," or more commonly known as W2Beauty, is an online Korean beauty store curated, owned, and operated by Alice.  Based out of Gil Dong, Gangdong-gu, Seoul, Alice sources and ships over 10,000 Korean beauty products, including top brands like su:m37, History of Whoo, Sulwhasoo, Laneige, O HUI, Missha, IOPE, Banila & Co., 3CE, and more.

Similar to many other online Korean beauty sellers, Alice includes samples in all her orders.  What is different about hers though is she always includes A LOT of samples and even free, full-sized gifts!! That's right, full-sized popular items like Etude House's Darling tint and Benton Cosmetic's Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel!

But there are more reasons to shop with Alice other than the plentiful samples and gifts.  Her customer service, personality, and friendly relationship with her shoppers make the whole shopping experience from start to finish more enjoyable.  I have been a long-standing customer of hers and she is always super friendly, personable, and helpful when answering my questions or helping me fix my orders (I always want to add more products after my order request is complete, lol).   

Shipping, in my experience, has always been very reliable and Alice usually sends out orders within 2-4 business days after payment is accepted.  Shipping is free and the additional small charge of $3.83 USD is for the tracking number to ensure packages are traceable and to reduce loss. From my understanding, W2Beauty is able to ship free since the price of shipping is worked into the prices of products.  

Of course, there is EMS shipping available as well, but that is for an additional cost.  I've only used EMS shipping with W2Beauty once since I had run out of some essential products and needed my order ASAP, but usually I find regular free shipping fine to use.  Regular shipping only takes 10-14 business days, and if you're careful about remembering to order new products before your old products run out, then you should be fine.

In terms of price point, Alice's prices are set very well and quite comparable to other online sellers.  Of course, prices on EBay and Gmarket tend to be lower on average, but I still prefer buying from Alice because with her shop I know that my products will be 100% authentic, made in Korea.  I also know that any questions or concerns I have over my order or shipping will be answered and taken care of personally by Alice. The way I see it, shopping with W2Beauty is having that personal experience and also that peace of mind knowing your items will be arriving in good condition!

Now below is a short How-To guide and overview of how all the shipping and tracking works, especially if you're living overseas!

How To Track Your International Parcel for Overseas Destinations

I've taken some screenshots of my most recent order to show the timeline of order placement, payment accepted, shipped status, and the tracking services that's available through EMS and my own country's domestic tracking services via Canada Post.  


I placed my order on October 21st and my payment was accepted a day later on the 22nd.  Alice shipped my order on Oct 23rd, a day after that, which is SUPER FAST! :) 

I received an automated email from W2Beauty informing me that my parcels had shipped and that a tracking number was available for me to use through Korea's E-Post site: https://trace.epost.go.kr//xtts/tt/epost/ems/ems_eng.jsp 

 After entering your tracking reference into the search bar, you will be shown something similar to this: 

All orders are dispatched overseas through the Korean International Post Office or "Outward Office of Exchange" before they are shipped via air through Incheon Int'l Airport.  The flight number is also provided.  For the purpose of this review, I even went so far as to obtain the flight status from Incheon Int'l Airport for anyone who's super curious about how it works.  I live in Canada and the flight took off from Incheon and landed somewhere in northeastern US, and from there it will likely make the trip to me through domestic Canada Post after customs. 

To track your parcel's whereabouts after it lands in your home country, you will need to enter the tracking code Alice sends you into your country's own online tracking service.  That means after your package leaves Korea, the original tracking site I showed at the top will not work anymore. Korea E-Post only shows what happens in their domestic shipping network.  

As you can see from below, Canada Post is now showing the status of the package.  A domestic shipping label has been created and it is currently waiting for the package to be sent through customs before it can start tracking its whereabouts in Canada.  

I hope this review is helpful!! So please go visit Alice at W2Beauty, I promise you will enjoy shopping with her! 

Go go go --->>> W2Beauty 

If you are a first-time buyer at W2Beauty, you can enter in my sponsor code 25809502 when you register an account, and you'll receive a $5 discount towards your first order. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us

 

Join Skin & Beauty Story

Follow

Follow

Facebook